Watertight sealing mortar ATLAS WODER SX 25 kg
Coverage ca 1.5 kg/mm thickness
ATLAS WODER SX sealing mortar
Most important features
for insulating foundations, basements and plinths
self-sealing effect of the coating and structural sealing of the substrate
resistant to positive and negative water pressure
for the renovation of very damp structures
ATLAS WODER SX is a technologically innovative product – not only does it effectively seal the concrete structure, but also, thanks to the crystallisation effect, it closes cracks of up to 0.3 mm in width which may occur in the substrate during operation. The cracks are closed by water-insoluble salts which crystallise and gradually stop the leakage. The salt crystals build up in the cracks until the cracks are completely filled and finally sealed, so that the seepage water disappears. The crystallised salt insulates the surface and also provides additional protection for the substrate in the event of localised damage to the coating or substrate. This provides constant and continuous protection against moisture and water.
• ATLAS WODER SX protects against negative and positive water pressure. It has a very broad spectrum of applications. It is recommended for insulation of underground parts of buildings, foundations, basements, plinths, external stairs, balconies and civil engineering constructions, e.g.: tanks for communal waste water, slurry, etc.
• It is particularly recommended for insulating reinforced concrete reservoirs, weirs, culverts, wells, etc. - due to its ability to self-seal microcracks.
• Can be used for insulating building partitions in historic buildings, also on surfaces with a high degree of contamination by building salts.
• Used for trough-shaped insulation of damp structures.
• Can be used as composite insulation under ceramic tiles - indoors and outdoors on mineral substrates e.g. cement screeds, concrete surfaces, etc.
• Allows effective protection of corners and expansion joints with ATLAS HYDROBAND 3G tape embedded in it – application of the tape (coating reinforcement) is required in areas of stress concentration - it protects the edges of wall and screed connections and expansion joints.
• It can be used as a first insulation coating on heavily damp masonry and allows the application of external bitumen coatings, such as PMBC-type compounds, e.g. IZOHAN WM-2K.
Paper bags 25 kg.
ATLAS WODER SX is a dry mixture of high quality cements, latest generation powder resins, mineral fillers and modifying agents and sealing additives.
It can be used as a top coat without the need for finishing or protective layers – it is UV, frost and ageing resistant. If the insulation made with ATLAS WODER SX will be exposed to mechanical influences, e.g. pedestrian traffic, it should be shielded, e.g. with a screed, gypsum-free plaster or tiles glued with class C2 mortars, such as ATLAS GEOFLEX or ATLAS PLUS.
Can be used directly under tiles - as a composite waterproofing.
Effectively protects brick and stone masonry walls with flush joints.
Chemical resistance – the bonded mortar is resistant to municipal sewage, slurry as well as aggressive groundwater - exposure class XA1, XA2, XA3.
Sulphate-resistant - can be applied on extremely saline surfaces (ion concentration SO4-2 <5%), e.g. for waterproofing in historic buildings, including internal trough-shaped insulations on stone, brick and mixed masonry. ATLAS system renovation plasters (products: ATLAS TRO, TRP, TR, TS, etc.) can be applied directly on the insulation coating.
Adheres to the substrate without priming.
Bonds without shrinkage – no shrinkage cracks or cracks typical of cementitious mortars appear during setting.
Can be applied mechanically.
Resistant to positive and negative water pressure:
- 7 bar (70 m water column) in the case of positive pressure, i.e. acting on the application side of the insulation,
- 5 bar (50 m water column) in the case of negative pressure, i.e. acting on the side opposite to the insulated side.
High adhesive strength:
- minimum 1.5 MPa on typical concrete substrates,
- minimum 1.45 MPa on brick.
The total thickness of the coating should be established according to the water exposure conditions of the surface to be waterproofed.
light-type waterproofing (water not collecting on the surface of the coating) - 1.5 mm: approx. 2.25 kg/m²
medium-type waterproofing (water collecting on the surface of the coating) - 2.0 mm: approx. 3.0 kg/m²
heavy-type waterproofing (pressurised water) - 3.0 mm: ≥ 4.0 kg/m²