Liquid damp proofing membrane paint TECHNOSEAL DPM white 5 l
Technoseal DPM is a ready to use liquid vapour, damp and waterproof membrane which provides a seamless coating and barrier, ideal for use above or below ground on a number of different substrates and materials.
Technoseal is a water based, SBR latex coating/ membrane.
Technoseal acts as a barrier against vapour, damp and water. It is safe to use in portable water and can be applied to pond lining as a waterproof barrier.
Ideal for areas with constant water contact, such as under tiles in bathrooms, food processing areas and balconies.
• Single pack system
• Water based compounds that can be applied even to damp backgrounds.
• Non-toxic, non hazardous, solvent and plasticiser free.
• Tough, high flexibility, extensibility and good crack bridging properties.
• Low water vapour permeability.
• Alkali resistant, can be applied to alkaline surfaces.
• Resistant to silage acids.
• Non staining and stain blocking.
• Quick drying.
Typically touch dry in 1 hour.
Multi purpose waterproofing paint system for foundation walls and floor slabs. Non hazardous
1. The substrate should be smooth or have a light, even texture. Any masonry should be flush pointed and defects in existing surfaces made good.
2. Ensure surface is clean, sound and free of dust, loose materials or surface water, but damp substrates are acceptable. It is sometimes advantageous to pre-wet concrete or masonry substrates before application.
3. Test adhesion to substrate using a sample area before commencing application. MIXING If necessary, the compound can be diluted with up to 10% water, however, care should be taken to ensure the correct dry coat thickness is achieved.
Technoseal can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray.
SINGLE COAT APPLICATION:
If a single dry coat thickness of more than 0.3 mm is required, it is recommended that Technoseal be applied using airless spray. A single coat thickness of up to 1 mm is possible using this application method.
TWO COAT APPLICATION:
If two coats are being applied it is recommended that the coats be applied at right angles to each other. Before applying the second coat it is necessary to let the first coat become touch dry. The time scale for this will vary according to site conditions, but will typically be after 1 hour. The second coat should be applied within 24 hours. After all coats have been applied, the membrane should be left for at least 4 days before attempting any bond tests.
Blistering can sometimes occur during this application process. This occurs when the heat from the sun causes a vapour pressure build up below the membrane. The problem is exacerbated if the background concrete is wet. To minimise this risk and ensure a good bond to the substrate, the following should be undertaken.
• Vigorously brush the first coat into the background concrete using a stiff bristled brush.
• Prime the roof with a slurry of SBR Latex, if using roller, or an airless spray application method. Allow the slurry to harden for 2 days before applying Technoseal.
In some situations, e.g. at high stress points such as wall/floor junctions, construction, movement or expansion joints, the Wykamol Proflex Tape system should be used, please refer to our Proflex data sheets for more information and installation guidelines.
CONDITIONS & LIMITATIONS
Technoseal should not be applied when the temperature of the substrate, or the air temperature is below 7°C and falling. When another product is to be applied on top of Technoseal the f inal coat of Technoseal should be blinded with fine sand to give a key for the next coat. Apply the sand whilst the final coat of Technoseal is tacky. The dried film, like most organic coatings, is combustible and hence will not be suitable in all situations e.g. it should not be used to coat flammable materials (expanded polystyrene). A minimum dried coat thickness of 0.6 mm is needed to provide a vapour barrier. This should be applied in a minimum of two coats. The incorporation of polypropylene fabric increases the tensile strength but decreases the extensibility.